Friday, June 12, 2015

Author's note



Clearly, if you've visited this blog in the past, you have probably noticed that I have made some changes to spruce things up a bit around here. When I first created this blog back in October of 2014 I wasn’t sure if I was going to keep it around. I wasn’t sure that I’d have many readers, and I was, for the most part, using the blog simply as an online journal to help me cope with my emotions as I decided to transition from male to female (although I’m not “female” because I reject the gender binary’s insistence that I must be one or the other). Since the inception of this blog, or the advent on my transgender exploration if you will, a lot has happened and a great deal has changed. I started the blog as Robert the male who had a terrible habit of wearing cargo shorts and sock + sandals, but today I write as Emma, transwoman extraordinaire. Robert was terribly sad and alone. He felt completely lost and confused about who he was when he created this blog. As such, he didn’t really paint or put any pictures up (so to speak), to make it feel more like home.


Since the birth of this blog, however, it has transformed into something entirely different than what it started out as, just as we have transformed into a completely new person called Emma. It seems fitting that the exterior of the blog be shed, much as a snake (a Scorpio symbol, btw) sheds its skin to become something new and fresh. So, I’ve decided to put some damn pictures up and to paint the walls already! If I’m going to keep getting new readers and continue to have over a thousand visits a month (I’m quickly on my way to 6,000 total page views and I’ve been peaking at over a 100 hits a day the last couple weeks), then I need to make this place a little more homey for me and for my beloved readers. The changes just scream Emma too! And don’t think for one moment that the pink nail polish pictures were accidental. They were very deliberate. The purple is simply my favorite color and always has been so I figured why not!


No more boring, drab, unimaginative stock blogger template. Now we have fabulous! Now we have fashion! Now there is a thumbnail of me because I'm no longer saddened by my appearance! And Honey, this is just the beginning.  Emma is in the driver seat now, so buckle up, because we aren’t going to change the world, we are going to rock it!( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrv5_qSMvxE )


**Muah**


-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment