So, I’m probably really behind the curve on this one, which honey, when you are approaching your 30th birthday, the whole pop-culture thing tends to start slipping. I’m beginning to feel like I’m an old lady, disconnected from today’s youth. Might as well just start walking around with a cane!! (I can just hear all of my readers who are older than me protesting that we are only as old as we feel! Haha!)
Anyways, grey hair and hot flashes aside, I’ve decided to do a TMI Tag post. Partly because I want to unveil a bit more about who this Emma person is for all my new readers (and old readers) and probably also because I’m in denial about being more than halfway towards my 30th birthday. So, here it goes:
1. what are you wearing? I am wearing an outfit I got from Torrid. It is a black faux-leather skirt and a black with white polka-dot cutout blouse.
2. have you ever been in love? Yes. Several times, actually. Obviously only one of them worked out (at least so far)
3. have you ever had a terrible break up? Yes, and the worst part was the fact that I had to be the bad guy in the situation. It was a high school/college girlfriend who decided to (funny enough) leave me in Colorado to go to school in Minnesota (actually the same school I just applied to, if you can believe it). She and I were very much in love, and I even considered proposing to her, but I knew that it was destined for failure. 4 years apart is hard enough to do as friends, let alone in a committed long distance relationship. She started to go through the typical freshman in college personality changes and I saw the writing on the wall, so I ended it. After that it was messy and just filled with anger. She never forgave me (I was her first, if you wish to know) and eventually the “friendship” we maintained afterwards descended into what is now a “never talk to me again” kind of relationship. I’ve tried to extend olive branches to try and make up for the way it all went, but she just plain hates me. =/
4. how tall are you? 6’1” (probably 6’3/4” in actuality; stupid American measurement system!). So when I wear heals I’m easily 6’3” to 6’5”
5. how much do you weigh? Ugh, I hate this question… in the 250’s, how about that? I’ve been on a 20 month weight loss kick though and have lost more than 80 pounds in that time, so this number is just temporary.
6. any tattoos? No, but I do want to get a Scorpio themed one someday. My astrological sign is the only thing that will never change throughout my whole life, so it seems like a safe bet.
7. any piercings? Yes! I just recently got my ears (lobes) pierced!
8. otp? Evidently this means One True Pairing, and I’d have to say my favorite OTP in fandom is… this is really hard… I think I’m going to have to say either Gohan and Videl from DBZ, or honestly Nomi and Amanita in Sense8. I know that’s a new show but I just love them together!
9. what is your favorite show? Hands down, Dragon Ball Z. I have watched it so many times and yet, I still love it every time. I own every season and re-watch the entire thing every year or two.
10. who are your favorite bands? TOOL, Disturbed, Rammstein, Deathklok, Godsmack, NIN, Fireflight, the Pretty Reckless, , KONGOS, Korn Marilyn Manson, A Perfect Circle; these are not bands but also: Icona Pop, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Britney, and even damned Taylor Swift.
11. something you miss? Being a lifeguard/swim instructor. I miss practically living at the pool over the summer and being tan and thin! I miss going to see my dad over the summers too. I haven’t seen him in like 4 years. =(
12. favorite song? Oh god… this is too hard to choose. If we went by the song I listened to more than any other, it would probably be a spice girls song (should have been my first sign), but I think I’m going to have to either say Aenima or Rosetta Stoned, both by TOOL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYRldZsVO9I and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uytWxYKSupI )
13. how old are you? UGH, I’m 29. I squandered my 20’s on World of Warcraft, smoking way too much weed, and watching entirely too much porn, (as any twenty-something “male” should LOL).
14. zodiac sign? Scorpio.
15. quality you look for in a partner? Kindness and gentleness in their heart. Someone who is capable of compassion.
16. what is your favorite quote? "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." –Ghandi; Second favorite would have to be “All that we are, is a result of what we have thought.” –Buddha
17. who is your favorite actor? Mila fucking Jovovich. Don’t ask me why, I cannot tell you. It certainly isn’t her overabundance of acting abilities, but I just LOVE her! I also have a pretty strong lesbian celebrity crush on her too.
18. favorite color? Purple
19. loud music or soft? Both
20. where do you go when you’re sad? I sit in the shower and just listen to the water as it cascades down upon me.
21. how long does it take you to shower? When I’m not sad, like 10-15 minutes.
22. how long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Used to be like 10 minutes, now it’s more like 45 minutes. Damn makeup! (if only I didn’t love you so!)
23. have you ever been in a physical fight? Not totally, but have gotten close several times.
24. turn on’s? Uh-oh, this is getting a bit naughty. Having my neck kissed or my earlobe suck on (among other things)
25. turn off’s? Too much aggression or too much passivity. Be about it, but not TOO about it, you know? Also, probably cigarettes.
26. the reason I joined youtube? Well, I don’t have a youtube channel (yet) but I’m going to answer this as if it said blogger instead of youtube. I wanted somewhere to write that I didn’t have to pay a month subscription for. I have a website for my fiction writing that I pay for and it is just a pain in the ass to keep up.
27. what are your fears? None, anymore! No, not really… my greatest fear is living a life without meaning or purpose. I want to impact the lives of others, I want to uplift those who need it, and I want to empower anyone I meet. If my whole life was wasted on vain pursuits of money or material objects, I’d feel like a failure.
28. last thing that made you cry? One of the transmen who wrote to Dara and subsequently to me who told me that they considered me part of their adopted family (I told them that if their actual family was unsupportive that many trans people find friends who are supportive and adopt them as a family). They were happy tears.
29. last time you said you loved someone? This morning, when I dropped my wife off at work.
30. meaning behind your youtube name? Again, not really on youtube, but my youtube account is thru5972 and it pertains to the email I was assigned when I started college back in 2004
31. last book you read? The Fellowship of the Ring
32. the book you’re currently reading? The End of Gender: a Psychological Autopsy. It is very good read, and I highly recommend! Kind of dated now since it was published in 2005, but still very interesting.
33. last show you watched? Orange is the New Black
34. last person you talked to? Margaux, our French paralegal (who is super cute)
35. the relationship between you and the last person you texted? Married
36. what is your favorite food? Lasagna (used to love the meat version, but now I just eat the cheese version, which is still amazing)
37. place you want to visit? Moscow
38. last place you were? The women’s bathroom at work.
39. do you have a crush? Yes, on Jamie Clayton
40. last time you kissed someone? This morning when I dropped my wife off at work
41. last time you were insulted? It wasn’t intentional, so I just felt insulted, but earlier today when one of my attorneys referred to me as “him” after he has been so good about calling me Emma.
42. favorite flavor of sweet? Either chocolate, caramel, or strawberry
43. what instruments do you play? I can sort of play the piano
44. favorite piece of jewelry? Earrings
45. last sport you played? I think it was volleyball, unless you consider lawn bowling a sport.
46. last song you sang? Shake it Off by T.S.
47. favorite pick up line? “How you doin?” lol
48. have you ever used it? Once or twice
49. last time you hung out with anyone? Other than my wife, last week I went to a happy hour with a friend and the French paralegal.
50. who should answer these questions next? Jamie Clayton! As if she would ever read my blog. *edit* after I posted this, I sent Jamie a tweet and told her how amazing she was and how proud she made me as a transwoman; and she totally favorited it!! Now I'm all twitterpated